- Sculptor: Vicente Francisco García Palmero
- Year: 2017 (unveiled on December 22nd, 2017)
- Material: Bronze and concrete
- Features: Bust of Agustín Espinosa in bronze on a 160cm high concrete
pedestal in the shape of a truncated pyramid with a median cross section
of 50 x 50 cm.
- Location: Plazoleta Agustín Espinosa
Agustín Espinosa García (born 1897 in Puerto de la Cruz, died 1939 in
Los Realejos) was a surrealist writer who belonged to the generation of
27. He was born in the town of Puerto de la Cruz but lived in Los
Realejos since his childhood, in the family house located in the
district of San Agustín.
He is considered to be among the best representatives of Canarian
surrealism, whose work, Crimen (1934), is the pinnacle of prose in said
style. His voyages throughout Spanish territory and Paris, his
insatiable search for knowledge and novelty foreshadow that future,
nearly genetic acceptance of movement in him.
- ¿Dónde está?
- ¿Qué hay alrededor?
- Artículos relacionados
- Bust of José Antonio Viera y Clavijo
- Bust of Dr. José García Estrada
- Homage to the Sailing Vessel ‘Hope of the Sea’
- Homage to Port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Mencey Bentor
- Homage to Water Mills
- Bust of José Mesa Cabrera
- Homage to Pyrotechnicians
- Bust of Dr. D.Antonio González González
- Bust of Rev. José Siverio Pérez
- Homage to Pig Breeders
- Homage to the Cross
- Homage to Juan Marrero González
- Homage to Baker Women
- Homage to The Viticultural Tradition
- Homage to Childhood
- Ears of Wheat